Available Meeting Rooms
Multipurpose Room (max. 44)
Community Room (max. 32)
Study Room (max. 6)
Maker Lab: Conference Room 313 (max. 8)
Conference Room 340 (max. 8)
Conference Room 341 (max. 8)
Small Meeting Room 348 (max. 2)
Upstairs Meeting Area (max. 15)
To reserve a room at Oakes-Beitman Memorial Library, please call 937-676-2731.
Meeting Room Use Policy
Approved: October 19, 2016 by the Troy-Miami County Public Library Board of Trustees
Revised: October 19, 2022
In keeping with its mission, Troy-Miami County Public Library encourages public use of meeting rooms as gathering places to exchange ideas; access and share information and participate in programs created for public enjoyment, public education, cultural, and civic engagement subject to the rules outlined below. The rooms are available as a free community service when Library programs are not scheduled.
The Troy-Miami County Public Library branches will allow businesses, organizations, and groups to use the public meeting rooms on an equitable basis subject to the parameters for use defined below.
The fact that an organization is permitted to meet at the Library does not constitute an endorsement of the organization’s beliefs by the Library, its staff, its Board of Trustees, or the Miami County Commissioners.
Groups may not fundraise, sell goods, solicit commercial services or future commercial services, charge admission, or ask for donations for or during their meetings/events held on Library premises. Exceptions may be made for library-sponsored programs.
The Library will approve and schedule only those meetings that will not disturb other Library activities. The Library reserves the right to withdraw permission for use when conditions warrant such action and to stop meetings that interfere with the normal operation of the Library.
Meeting facilities are available only during the hours the library is open to the public. Reservations are available 15 minutes after opening and cannot extend later than 15 minutes prior to the library closing time.
The library assumes no liability for theft or damage to property brought onto library property or for injuries which occur as a result of actions of sponsors or participants in activities in meeting rooms.
All meetings must be free and open to the public. Meeting rooms are not available for private events or gatherings. (Examples of reservation requests that WILL NOT be approved include: birthday parties, anniversary parties, baby showers, etc.)
Meeting room space is intended for specific events, rather than regularly scheduled, ongoing meetings. Meeting rooms may be reserved no more than two month in advance, beginning January 1, 2023. Anyone 18 and older with a library card can reserve a meeting room. There is no age requirement for a study room.
- A completed Application for a Meeting Room must be completed and approved prior to room use. Permission to use a meeting room is not transferable.
- Cancellations should be done at least 48 hours in advance.
- Users will adhere to the Patron Code of Conduct at all times and will be financially responsible for any damage to Library property, buildings, furnishings and/or equipment, and will assume responsibility for all loss, damage or injury arising from use of meeting room space.
- Each group is responsible for its own meeting publicity, which must not include the Library’s information as a contact. Publicity must state that the meeting is not sponsored by the Troy-Miami County Public Library.
- No individual or group may state or imply Library endorsement or sponsorship of events in the meeting rooms.
- The name, address, and telephone number of the Library may not be used as the official address or contact information of an organization. The library logo and images should not be used in advertising.
- Set-up and take-down of the chairs and tables is the responsibility of the organization using the room. The organization is expected to leave the room in the same condition that it was in before the meeting.
- No decorations, posters or any other materials may be installed or displayed inside or outside the meeting rooms without prior Library approval.
- Light refreshments are permissible in meeting rooms. Groups must provide all their own supplies. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
- Audiovisual equipment may be available and varies by location. Library staff are not available to run equipment for meetings. Groups may be required to work with Library staff prior to the engagement to become familiar with any AV equipment that may be needed.
THE LIBRARY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO:
- Deny the space to any user whose planned use of the space does not comply with these terms.
- Cancel a reservation if the space is needed by the library.
- Enter the meeting space at any time.
- To limit the number and time length of reservations made by individuals, groups or organizations in order that all have a fair opportunity to use the meeting rooms.
- To reject any request if it is determined the group has abused its past meeting room privileges. Rooms are assigned at the discretion of the library.
Failure to comply with meeting room policy or rules may result in loss of meeting room privileges including immediate termination of a meeting by library personnel.
If you have any questions about the meeting rooms, or need assistance booking a room, please contact Pam at 937-339-0502 ext. 115.